Public key distribution methods?

Hi,

I'm writing my diploma thesis about key exchange and public key
distribution in IPSec environment.

I would like to know what are opinions on this list concerning different
ways to distribute public keys for use in IKE/IKEv2 authentication. I have
understood that LDAPv3 is the strongest candidate for this purpose, and
another mechanism is DNS TXT RRs as described in
draft-richardson-ipsec-opportunistic -draft. Are there other mechanisms that
should be taken into consideration?

Or should I be asking this on the pkix mailing list?

Thanks
Teemu Alakoski