RE: UDP-encapsulated IPsec Transport mode

> No, I knew this is exactly what you are talking about.  That is why I
said
> NAT (on the inbound source IP address) using NAT-OA + dynamic PAT (on
the
> inbound TCP source port) is needed at the security gateway after
> decapsulating the UDP/IPsec header.
>
> - James

So, what you are suggesting is that a dynamic PAT be applied between
IP/IPSec layer and the socket layer within a host. Two things:
1) Dynamic PAT will still involve checksum recomputation (however
simple) which you wanted to avoid, right??
2) Also, I am not convinced that the solution has to be this complicated
when all you want to know is the Phase 2 traffic selector. NAT-NA
payload type solution seems simple (to me, of course :-))

Anyway, why is the draft silent on this issue?? Either, it is too
obvious to mention or didn't forsee this issue.

-Satyadeva.

treats
NATed