RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike-04.txt

> We do need the vendor ID after we have the RFC too, as otherwise we
> cannot detect if the other end supports the NAT-T at all (and sending
> new payload numbers etc before getting information if the other end
> supports them would be very good for interoperability).

In other words, updating the minor version would be the appropriate
solution, but chances are this will break a whole bunch of implementations,
so keeping the vendor id will be simpler. I concur.

One more issue that I just noticed. When rekeying a phase 1 w/ NAT-T, you
automatically send packets to port 4500. Does this mean that we shouldn't
include the NAT-D payloads during the phase 1 rekey? What about the vendor
ids?

Andrew
The odd thing about fairness is when
we strive so hard to be equitable