Re: FQDN goes in commonName or domainComponent?

> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:52:49 -0800
> From: Brian Korver <briank@xythos.com>
>
> Question to the list:  How common is support domainComponent?

I have no idea, but as an implementor, I have used it in a few
semi-official projects when looking up certificate chains in DNS
(using DNSSEC of course); isakmpd, konqueror and lynx.  I'd expect
anyone wanting to do the same would have found the info in the
suitable standard documents.  I preferred dNSName in subjectAltName,
had DC as ary choice, and as fallback, CN.  I had no idea CN would be
*more* standard than DC.  How are you to find that out?  It seemed
more ad-hoc to me.

Niklas