Re: Counter Mode Security: Analysis and Recommendations

 >> You mean "is it acceptable to limit packets to be 64k or less?"
 >> If you make the block counter 16 bits, then the actual packet size
 >> limit is 1 megabyte because blocks are 16 bytes...  That's fine.

 Bill> There's an effort underway to investigate much larger packet
 Bill> sizes as link speed increases.

 Bill> See http://www.psc.edu/~mathis/MTU/

That's fine, but if I have to choose between that, and a counter mode
that's 12 orders of magnitude less secure than it should be, I'll pick
the latter, always.

    paul