Re: Adding revised identities to IKEv2

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   If I'm understanding this thread correctly,

=> the main thread is about peer source addresses in IKE
but there is a sub-thread about the same thing than this message.

   I agree with your concern that tunnel endpoints
   ought to be moveable. However, my understanding is
   that this is mainly a *signaling* issue: eg IKE
   doesn't have a way to tell the other IKE to move
   the tunnel endpoint.

=> there is today an indirect way through rekeying (new phase 2)
but:
 - with PFS this is a bit expensive
 - so a new readdressing exchange should be wellcome
   (in IKEv2 which mandates "phase 2" PFS)
 - of course, implementations which use addresses in place of
   the SPI (aka cookies in IKEv1) to get the from phase 1 context
   have to be fixed!
Another point: spurious checks on the outer source address should not
be performed.
(BTW I believe we agree about these points)

Thanks

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr