From: Paul Koning
To: Housley, Russ
Cc: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Sent: 11/27/02 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: Counter Mode: Proposed Way Forward

 Russ> ...
 Russ> I propose the replacement of the truncated SPI with the 24 most
 Russ> significant bits form the IKE nonces.  I propose that the
 Russ> initiator use 24 bits from its own nonce, and the responder use
 Russ> 24 bits from its own nonce. ...

 Russ> Unless I hear an uproar on the list, I will update the draft to
 Russ> reflect this way forward.

Sounds good.

How about losing the flags field, since it appears to serve no
purpose, and using 32 bits of nonce?

	paul