Re: Can the initiator send a type of ID randomly?

On 11/27/02 2:35 AM, "king wu" <wmyking49@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> hi, all
>
> In the scenario with public sigiture keys in IKE, how
> does the initiator choose a type of ID? As we know,
> the ID includes FQDN,RFC822_ADDR,DER_ASN1_DN,etc.
> Then, can the initiator send a type of ID randomly?
> Or, are there some rules for doing it? I can't find
> the rules through the documents on IKE.
> Please help.
> thanks.
>
> --King Wu

> "是IT精英吗?小试牛刀获时尚大奖!"
> http://cn.promo.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/udb/u

The ID type should either be an IP address or
some piece of information that appears in the
certificate.  How to choose which piece of
information is a local (policy) matter, but
often is closely associated with particular
authorization schemes (such as ACLs).  See
draft-ietf-ipsec-pki-profile-01.txt for more
discussion of this issue.

- brian
briank@briank.com