Re: (more#4 fwd from ipsec) Re: Handling of IPcomp in IKEv2

 Avram> As long as the generic case (i.e., negotiating a CPI) is also
 Avram> supported, all should be okay.

I think the whole point of the present proposal is that it eliminates
any purpose for negotiating a CPI.  I've read over your notes pretty
carefully but I haven't seen anything that refutes it.  If you
disagree, you might want to describe a (real world) usage scenario
that can't be supported by the proposal Charlie made.

     paul