Re: (more#4 fwd from ipsec) Re: Handling of IPcomp in IKEv2

Paul,

Trying to be crystal clear:  I raised no arguments on the negotiation
mechanism (aka IKEv2), as long as it provides the (also simple)
functionality, i.e. the collection of parameters, that's required to keep
working-code IPComp implementations running.

The differences described in this thread are (a) the content of the 16-bit
CPI, and (b) the optional algorithm parameters.  Adding the capability to
have the above in IKEv2 should be pretty simple.

Regards,
avram