Re: Authentication methods in IKEv2

You're describing a different problem than the one addressed by the
proposed solution.

The proposal was for the negotiation of authentication methods (e.g.
X.509 cert or SecurID # or Password). That was the case I claimed was
unusual. You're trying to handle the case of negotiation of which of
several keys is used with a single authentication method. While I agree
this would be a nice feature, it's not supported today with or without
authentication method negotiation.

If we wanted to support such a capability, I think the appropriate syntax
would be to have something like a CERTREQ payload that instead of
stating what certifiers I trust states what key(s) I would like you to use in
creating the AUTH payload.

Do people think such a capability should be added?

      --Charlie