Re: Modefg considered harmful

Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

> "what bernard said".
>
> I see modecfg as reinventing a square wheel.

Me too, but there was this issue of the large installed base of
  MODECFG-like things in existing implementations.  Since I'm not
  an implementor, I'm in the situation where I have to believe that
  moving away from a MODECFG-like thing is a hardship.

*If* it's acceptablet to discount such claimed hardship, then I have to
  agree with Bernards assertion that the IPSRA-style DHCP approach is
  cleaner, more flexible, and in the long-term, less work.

Marcus Leech                             Mail:   Dept 8M70, MS 012, FITZ
Advisor                                  Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613 763 9145
Security Architecture and Planning       Fax:   (ESN) 393-9435  +1 613 763 9435
Nortel Networks                          mleech@nortelnetworks.com
-----------------Expressed opinions are my own, not my employer's------