From: owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
[mailto:owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com]On Behalf Of Roy, Gilles
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 6:39 AM
To: Bepsy Paul
Cc: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: RE: A basic question.

You may be having MTU problems. You ICMP packets are probably all very small
packets that don't need to be fragmented. The FTP packets are probably large
enough that when you add the extra tunnel headers they need to be
fragmented.

You can confirm if fragmentation is an issue by pinging with large packets.

Gilles