Re: IKEV2: Issue #2: Cipher suites

Ted:

The S/MIME WG has separated algorithm requirements from the base protocol
too.  This was done so that the algorithms could be updated without
"opening up" the base protocol document.  This is more important when the
base protocol becomes a Draft Standard or a Full Standard.

I belive that the algorithms proposed by Paul are the right ones for
today.  One think I really like about the rationale is that it warns
marketing folks and product planners which algorithms are likely to become
mandatory to implement in a future update.

Russ