Subject: Re: ike2-v4: request or response
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:45:56 +0100
From: Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr>
To: jeff pickering <jpickering@creeksidenet.com>

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   I really appreciate your response.
   This is exacltly the statement in the spec that seems to be
   self-contradictory:

   - I-bit is set by oriiginal IKE-SA initiator. (Alice)
   - Original responder (Bob)can also be the sender of a request.
   => Therefore, I-bit contains no information about which end initiated a
   particular request.

   OR am I crazy??

=> no, I believe you're right and there is a real problem.
A request bit should solve the issue. Note the I bit is still
needed if the IKEv1 order of the SPIs (aka cookies) is kept.

Regards

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr

PS: please ask for a request bit in the message header!