RE: Configuration portion of OPEN ISSUES...

--SNIP--

> For example, in the case of the open issue on how to handle
> configuration, the choices to the working group are:
>
> 	* Keep configuration payload
> 	* Remove configuration payload and pursue RFC
> 3456-style configuration
> 	* Keep configuration payload and allow optional
> 		RFC 3456-style configuration

If I'm reading your options correctly, we (I THINK) had some consensus (or
at least strong interest) on the list for the last option, and some folks
are working on text to clarify it. Did you mean to capture with the last
bullet the case where we use a ModeCFG-like format to run a DHCP (or other)
discovery/request in IKE? This would be very different than "3456-style"
configuration, as 3456 occurs in Phase2.

Just trying to clarify what you meant... thanks,

Gregory.