RE: Configuration portion of OPEN ISSUES...

Hi Theodore, see my comment below.

> --SNIP--
> >
> > For example, in the case of the open issue on how to handle
> > configuration, the choices to the working group are:
> >
> > 	* Keep configuration payload
> > 	* Remove configuration payload and pursue RFC
> > 3456-style configuration
> > 	* Keep configuration payload and allow optional
> > 		RFC 3456-style configuration
>
> If I'm reading your options correctly, we (I THINK) had some
> consensus (or
> at least strong interest) on the list for the last option,
> and some folks
> are working on text to clarify it. Did you mean to capture
> with the last
> bullet the case where we use a ModeCFG-like format to run a
> DHCP (or other)
> discovery/request in IKE? This would be very different than
> "3456-style"
> configuration, as 3456 occurs in Phase2.
>
> Just trying to clarify what you meant... thanks,
>
> Gregory.

To clarify this open issue can we modify the list as follows (in order to
not have any confusion on what we are discussing about):

1) Keep configuration payload
2) Remove configuration payload and pursue RFC 3456-style configuration
3) Keep configuration payload and allow optional RFC 3456-style
configuration
4) Remove configuration payload and pursue an DHCP-over-IKE style
configuration

I'm in favour of 2) and can live with 3).

Dirk

As of February 12, 2003 Thomson unifies its email addresses on a worldwide
basis.Please note my new email address: dirk.vanaken@thomson.net

Thomson is the leader in solutions and technologies for the entertainment
and media industries and serves its customers under its four strategic
brands: Technicolor, Grass Valley, RCA and THOMSON.
More about Thomson: http://www.thomson.net/videochain