From: owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
[mailto:owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com]On Behalf Of Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: Configuration portion of OPEN ISSUES...

  I want to emphasis that just because one says "DHCP-over-IKE", that
does not mean that such a system has to talk to a DHCP server. Decoding
DHCP messages is no more difficult than radius, PPP or IKEv2. (Maybe
a lot easier than IKEv1)

  You can implement the relevant pieces in the gateway. DHCP vs modecfg
can be just about syntax.

  I will fill the state machine changes, and suggest text for dhcp-over-ike,
but I won't bother if there is no interest.

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls
[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net
architect[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device
driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security
guy"); [

The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those
of my employer