Re: "Me Tarzan, You Jane" in IKEv2-05

  If a gateway is both sgw.ihtfp.com and gateway.trpz.com it
will authenticate me and you differently. I will present
harkins.trpz.com (message 3 in IKEv2) and it will put me on
the appropriate VPN (for trpz.com) and make sure my packets go
where they're supposed to. You will present warlord.laptop.ihtfp.com
and it will put you on a different VPN (the one for ihtfp.com). And
it can maintain separation of flows. No problem. No need for
me to tell the security gateway who I want it to be. It'll figure
that out who to be based upon who I say I am. Since Alice identifies
herself first Bob has all the information he needs to assume the
proper role.

  I'll have to think a bit more about the raw RSA key scenario.
Off hand I don't see a need for telling Bob who I think he should
be to get that to work either. Is there a way to get your desired
functionality without "Me Tarzan, You Jane"?

  If this truely is a needed and useful feature I'll retract my
objection. I don't see a need though.

  Dan.

On 28 Feb 2003 13:11:33 EST you wrote