Re: Another field for traffic selector?

Instead of creating another field in the IPSec header, why can't the
receiver use the IPSec SPI be used to direct the traffic into the
appropriate VPN context?

For the record, I also support deployment of signalling VPN-ID's
within IKEv2.  One example of where signalling VPN-ID's is most useful
is multi-user/customer IPSec GW's, where:
a) there is only a single, unique public IP address on the public side
of the chassis; and,
b) there are multiple customers on the private side of the chassis,
each of which has the same, overlapping RFC1918 address space, e.g.:
	C1-private: 192.168.1.0/24
	C2-private: 192.168.1.0/25
	C3-private: 192.168.0.0/23
NOTE: All three of the above customers/contexts ARE NOT related to
one another, e.g.: do not share security policies, etc.

As it stands now, the only way to overcome the above limitation (aside
from proprietary signalling) is to create a unique, public IP address
per customer/context, which: a) hurts SP's that strive to conserve
their public IP addresses; and, b) is no different than deploying a
whole IPSec GW per customer.

-shane