RE: Another field for traffic selector?

Radia Perlman - Boston Center for Networking writes:
 > 2) Why does it need to go into IKEv2?...because otherwise there's
 > no way to route the packets, if the IP addresses in the customer
 > nets overlap.

This evades the real question. Why does this need
to be part of the base spec? There's lots of world
hunger that IKEv2 doesn't solve. Why can't this be
deferred for later consideration, rather than an
ill-advised last minute addition?  If IKEv2 does
not lend itself to such additions, maybe we asking
ourselves how we can make IKEv2 more amenable to
these kinds of additions rather than loading up
the kitchen sink blindly.

	    Mike