Re: Another field for traffic selector?

I think this is in fact *specifically* so that we can have per-customer
tunnels.  That is, per-customer tunnels, for multiple customers at once,
that terminate in the same IPsec device.  Without this proposed feature
there is no  attractive alternative for the security gateways to agree on
which tunnels are for which customers.

I also believe that "everyone's ipsec implementation" need not be modified
to do anything with a VPN-ID attribute.  Devices that support only one VPN
context would presumably ignore this.

Mark