AES & IPsec questions

Some big vendors have incorporated AES into their IPsec VPN offerings.
I have some questions about these that I hope someone on this list can answer.

1. Are these proprietary extensions or based on one of the AES drafts?
2. Are they supported by proprietary or draft extensions to IKE?
3. What performance has actually been achieved in practice, in software, on
     a Intel PC?  (It would be helpful to specify the GHz of the CPU in
your answer.)

I'm particularly interested in Cisco's implementation, however info about other
vendors or Linux open source is also welcome.

Thanks in advance,

- Alex

--

Alex Alten