Re: Another field for traffic selector?

When traffic is going from one part of the customer's
intranet to another (as opposed to talking to a
node off the intranet) there's no natting. A locally
significant IP address is simply forwarded across
to the other part of the intranet.
The firewalls are just creating an "internal" wire
on behalf of the customer nets. The issue is
what happens if the same
pair of firewalls are creating multiple internal
wires for multiple customers. You can have two
conversations going on, each looking, to IP,
like the same locally significant IP addresses.

If there is some way to tell what "wire" things
are coming on, as for instance if they are
different MPLS tunnels, then there's no problem.
But if they are forwarding simply with IP, then
without this way of negotiating on SA creation,
I don't see how the firewalls can do this.

Radia