Re: Another field for traffic selector?

Ah. I was ready to say I didn't think this solved the problem, because
there was no way for Bob to know which context Alice wanted to have an SA
with.  And AFAIK that was true for IKEv1.  For IKEv2, I think this would be
done by Alice sending the optional [IDr,] payload to Bob.  Is that what you
have in mind?

I think that would do pretty well.  A minor deficiency from the PPVPN POV
would be that VPN membership discovery schemes may be passing around
VPN-IDs and so VPN-IDs would be what the device has available to send to
the IKE peer.  I suppose this could be addressed by having the membership
discovery scheme pass some recognized IKE identity type instead, or by
stuffing VPN-ID into ID_KEY_ID, or by defining a new IKE ID type that has
type VPN-ID.

--Mark