Re: New 12288 and 16384 bit groups

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Tero Kivinen wrote:
> All the groups in the draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-modp-groups-05 are proven
> to be safe primes (i.e both the p and the (p - 1) / 2 are proven to be
> prime). The ECPP/primo certificates can be found at
> http://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ietf/ecpp-certificates/ (that url used to be in
> the draft, but was removed because url's are not stable enough to be
> used as references (that url is going to be stable :-)).

Perhaps the IANA or the RFC Editor (or both) would be willing to keep
stable copies of supporting documentation that's too large (or otherwise
inconvenient) for inclusion in an RFC.

If so, then I'd suggest keeping the "ftp.ssh.com" URL in the draft, with a
note saying that it should be changed to an "iana.org" or "rfc-editor.org"
URL before publication as an RFC.

--apb (Alan Barrett)