Re: "Me Tarzan, You Jane" in IKEv2-05

  How does the responder pick the right private key? You haven't
said how "sales@lox.sandelman.ca" is uniquely bound to a key in the
first place. For the standard way of binding identities to keys you
can use the standard way of conveying this information-- a CERT_REQUEST
payload with DN equal to the issuer of the certificate whose DN contains
sale@lox.sandelman.ca and whose public key corresponds to the
private key you want the responder to use.

  If you're not using some standard way of binding opaque strings
(that may *look* like email names but are not necessarily) then
you can use a proprietary method to convey the necessary information
for your proprietary scheme. Use a private use payload with the
generic header and _do not set the critical bit_.

  But you don't need to force everyone to implement a mechanism
that will not be used just so you can do some proprietary key
binding scheme between yourselves.

  Dan.

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:52:30 PST you wrote