RE: "Me Tarzan, You Jane" in IKEv2-05

>     Geoffrey> Granted, it depends on the type of identity
> presented.  But if
>     Geoffrey> you're
>     Geoffrey> using something like user@fqdn type, ID_KEY_ID
> or even a cert
>     Geoffrey> DN, the
>
>   How. I'm mcr@sandelman.ca.
>   What service do I want to connect to? Tell me.

*I* can't tell you that because *I* am not the security gateway ;-).
This has to be a policy decision configured at the gateway.  Like if
you're mcr@sandelman.ca, what optional IDr would you present?
security-gateway.sandelman.ca?  Then what's the point of presenting both
pieces of information, since the latter can be inferred from the former.

But as I said before, this isn't a thorn in my side - it's an optional
payload, so I'm not too bothered by it.  I only wanted it to be
clarified what to do if the responder doesn't return the IDr the
initiator proposed.

-g