Re: "Me Tarzan, You Jane" in IKEv2-05

    >> I don't see how it matters how the binding is done. It is a local
    >> matter.  Maybe I have /etc/keys. The responder has a list of
    >> identities that it is authoritative for.

    Bill> yes, and it's likely to be the case that in peer-to-peer
    Bill> situations, initiator and responder may swap roles over the long
    Bill> run -- but the entity which was previously responder wants to
    Bill> ensure it talks to the same entity which was the initiator, and it
    Bill> could thus convert a received "me jane" into an outgoing "me
    Bill> tarzan, you jane" some time afterwards..

  Bill, I strongly agree with you - that it is best to be specific about
who we wish to talk to, because one can swap ends.

  But, I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me that the mapping of key
names to actual keys is a local matter.

===

  Dan, I've read pieces of -05 (I was intending to read it all tonight).

  I see that we have an identity payload that is not what I wrote at:
    http://www.sandelman.ca/ipsec/2002/12/msg00250.html

  but, is also not what Paul wrote at:
    http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ipsec/2002/11/msg00018.html

  However, there is, section 1.2, page 7:

          HDR, SK {IDi, [CERT,] [CERTREQ,] [IDr,]
                  AUTH, SAi2, TSi, TSr}     -->

  I don't see any way in the ID payload down at section 3.5/page 43 to
know which is the IDi and which is the IDr in the third message.

  Since all of the IKEv1 types are still there, it should be simple to
implement Me-Tarzan/You-Jane. Since the CERT payload now has a RAW raw
key in it, we are there. Me-Tarzan/You-Jane is there at this point.

  I thought that the origin of this debate was whether or not to include it,
that Charlie hadn't yet, because it was not implemented.

  We do *not* need the *two-optional-pieces* in the message of last December.