Re: comments on ikev2 05 (editorial)

just to point to a small (but possibly confusing) typo:

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 Charlie_Kaufman@notesdev.ibm.com wrote:

> This is also related to prf functions with fixed length keys. I had
> proposed that the AUTH payload be computed as:
>
> AUTH = prf(Shared Secret | "Key Pad for IKEv2", <message bytes>)
>
> which won't work if the prf has a fixed size key. Hugo proposed the
> alternative encoding:
>
> AuthSecret = prf( prf(Shared Secret, "Key Pad for IKEv2") , <message bytes>)
  this should be AUTH

Also, Charlie, I suggest that you explain in the text that an
implementation only needs to use (or keep in memory) the value
prf(Shared Secret, "Key Pad for IKEv2"), thus avoiding the need to
store the user's password atthe server/gateway.

Hugo