Newbie ESP Question

All –

            I am currently working on a proof-of-concept implementation of a proxy-based wireless authentication and authorization protocol for my Master’s Thesis.  Anyway, my cryptographic needs appear to be met by IPSec’s ESP w/ authentication’s characteristics: connectionless, authenticity, confidentiality, and replay-resistance.  While I should in theory be fine using ESP w/ Wi-Fi devices (which is what I will be doing), what happens if I change the network protocol stack?  In other words, will ESP’s (using it in transport mode w/ authentication) security characteristics hold for example if I try and use it w/ Bluetooth?  IrDA?  I ask this b/c it seems as though (plz remember I am a newbie) ESP w/ auth in transport mode seems to provide these characteristics independently of both IP v4 header data as well as the type of data handed it by the “transport” layer protocol.  Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Kind Regards,

Tore