Re: Secure remote access with IPsec

Francis Dupont wrote:

> => your position is not sound: if you allow an update for
> a future movement ("Finally, ...") then the mandatory routability
> check won't work.

Oh, I am assuming the routability test is still done with the
new address. Just that the update source address can be chosen
freely (either old or new). Granted, if you send the update
you will have to be ready then or real soon to receive the test
packet. But at least implementations have some freedom to figure
out how to do this. And there are no specific reasons to prohibit
this.

Jari