Re: IKEv2 cookie question

Yes, the spec is clearly broken. Section 2.6 says to include
N(COOKIE_REQUIRED) but no such notify payload is defined. As you point out,
there is really no need for two payloads - one saying that a cookie was
required and the other saying what the cookie was. This oddness was a side
effect of moving the cookie out of the SPI and into a Notify payload.

It seems like the easiest way to fix it is to remove all references to
N(COOKIE_REQUIRED). I like it when you can fix a bug by removing things.

Any objections?

      --Charlie