Re: IKE V2 Open Issues

Paul,

Most of what you suggest sounds reasonable, although I have one
comment:

> - The list of crypto algorithms should be in Jeff's document. Leave
> the transform IDs in section 3.3.2 of IKEv2, but move everything
> starting with "For Transform Type 1..." to Jeff's document.

Barbara and I believe that the list of algorithms and numbers which is
used to seed the IANA registry should stay in the ikv2 document:

   For Transform Type 1 (Encryption Algorithm), defined Transform IDs
   are:

          Name                     Number           Defined In
          RESERVED                    0
          ENCR_DES_IV64               1              (RFC1827)
          ENCR_DES                    2              (RFC2405)
          ENCR_3DES                   3              (RFC2451)
          ENCR_RC5                    4              (RFC2451)
          ENCR_IDEA                   5              (RFC2451)

The reasoning is that there are other assigned numbers in the ikev2
document, and keeping the initial list in the ikev2 specs will be more
convenient for implementors.  As with all of the other initial
assigned number lists, the list kept by the IANA can be extended in
the future without needing to revise the ikev2 document.

						- Ted