Re: Concerning the SOURCE-ADDRESS-CHANGED proposal

Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> These are minor issues, which can certainly be worked out.  But in the
> interests of time and closure, and given that both Tero's and
> Francis's proposals are additions to the ikev2 protocol that could be
> easily specified as an addition in a separate document, Barbara and I
> will suggest that this be best handled separately from the ikev2
> specification.

I would actually like to see Tero's scheme in the base IKEv2 document.
An ability to cope with changing addresses is becoming essential
in today's networks. Roaming around, being mobile, multi-homing,
... all of these call for an ability to change addresses. While
it is true that rekeying can help here as well, its really
undesireable solution for many people.

Jari

P.S. I can also promise to contribute in solving the issues you
identified.