RE: [rohc] FW: ESP and header compression (ROHC)

Hi all,

A few notes:
1) ROHC is applied on a per-link basis, e.g. over PPP
2) Based on the above point, there are ROHC compression profiles
   defined for IP/UDP, IP/UDP/RTP, IP/ESP (and soon IP-only)

Compressing the network layer header is most important to gain
anything, but that can only be done on a per-link basis. Header
compression is thus applied per-link to compress network and
transport layer headers (and by heuristics also the application
layer RTP header). It is also simpler to do compression per-link,
as one can optimize for certain assumed characteristics (such as
in-order delivery). Further, it makes most sense as header
compression is an optimization for "narrow links".

Therefore, I can not see why/how one could do "ROHC over ESP".

BR
/Lars-Erik