Re: Confirm decision on identity handling.

Go with it. - jeff Theodore Ts'o wrote: >On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 05:53:10PM -0700, Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote: >> >>We are better off with just the first sentence and a revision of the >>one proposed here by Ted: >> >> The Identification Payload, denoted ID in this memo, allows peers to >> assert an identify to one another. This identity may be used for policy >> lookup, but does not necessarily have to match anything in the CERT >> payload; both fields may be used by an implementation to perform >> access control decisions. > > >Paul's proposed revision seems clearer and reflects the discussion in >San Francisco. Does anybody have any problems with this text, or >should we just go with it? > > - Ted > > >