Interoperability - Overlapping requests

xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" = xmlns:st1="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"> Greetings, A question regarding Section 2.3 of ikev2-06. Perhaps I am not understanding the verbage = correctly, but I could foresee differing interpretations being made by different = developers. The first paragraph = states: In order to maximize IKE throughput, an IKE endpoint MAY issue multiple requests before getting a response to any of them. For simplicity, an IKE implementation MAY choose to process requests strictly in order and/or wait for a response to one request before issuing another. Certain rules must be followed to assure interoperability between implementations using different strategies. While Paragraph 3 = states: An IKE endpoint MUST wait for a response to each of its messages before sending a subsequent message unless it has received a Notify message from its peer informing it that the peer is prepared to maintain state for multiple outstanding messages in order to allow greater throughput. Should paragraph 1 also contain a statement regarding an outstanding message state? Also, can I assume that the outstanding messages can fall outside of the replay protection window? Any clarification is appreciated, Regards, Mark = Zimmerman Program Manager ICSA Labs 1000 Bent Creek Blvd, Suite = 200 Mechanicsburg PA 17050 Phone: 717.790.8144 Fax: 717.790.8170 <3d.htm>mzimmerman@icsalabs.com www.icsalabs.com