Re: [rohc] FW: ESP and header compression (ROHC)

>> Taking the 'ROHC over re-ordering channels' question more
>> generally; RFC 3095 does not work in such an environment.  However,
>> we are (I believe) trying to address this issue as part of ROHC for
>> TCP...

Lars-Erik> This was a design decision we made for 3095, but personally
Lars-Erik> I think the modifications needed to make it work also in
Lars-Erik> case of mis-ordering are small. If someone wants to look at
Lars-Erik> this and write some input on it, I would be more than
Lars-Erik> happy.

The ESP and AH headers also have a "Sequence Number"-field that may be
used to detect reordering and packet losses.

/Björn

--
Bjorn Gronvall (Björn Grönvall)                        /_______________/|