Re: Interoperability - Overlapping requests

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:35:21PM -0400, Charlie_Kaufman@notesdev.ibm.com wrote:
> I agree it is confusing. I added "if the other endpoint has indicated
> its ability to handle such requests" to the end of the first
> sentence. Does that make it clear?

To make things clearer, I suggest that in paragraph three of that
section:

   An IKE endpoint MUST wait for a response to each of its messages
   before sending a subsequent message unless it has received a Notify
   message from its peer informing it that the peer is prepared to
   maintain state for multiple outstanding messages in order to allow
   greater throughput.

You change it to read

	... unless it has received a SET_WINDOW_SIZE Notify message...

The explicit name of the notify message is not specified in section
2.3 at all, and while a reader can guess which notify message by
skipping ahead to section 3.10.1 and reading through all of the
possible notify message types, it's probably better to be explicit
about things.

						- Ted