RE: (in)security of ESP with header compression

> > The ROHC WG just has not yet addressed this issue, but we would
> > appreciate input on the subject, especially motivations for us
> > to look at it.
>
> And this thread isn't sufficient motivation?  Summerizing the thread,
> it would be useful to use ROHC to compress ESP tunnels, but that
> implies the potential for out-of-order reception.

Neither "it can be done" nor "I want it to be done" are really actual
arguments for doing anything. However, there are usually real arguments
behind the latter, and those would be useful to hear.

Further, we need people to look at it to figure out what should be
done to address the problem identified (there might be several
potential ways to address an issue), and then we need people to do
the actual work of writing documents.

I personally think it will be useful to have "ROHC over tunnels"
clarified/defined, but as a WG chair I need some concrete needs,
as well as working resources (people interested in contributing).

Drafts are welcome!

BR
/Lars-Erik