Peer liveliness

Title:
 Hi,
  I was going through several drafts related to peer liveliness. But, some of practical
  problems faced in actual deployment may not be solved by these proposals.
  INITIAL_CONTACT Notification : It indicates that the Peer was dead and cameback.
  DPD:  Checks the liveliness of the peer.
  I feel, we require interoperable solution to check liveliness of SA ie Dead Peer SA detection
 (DPSD).
  DPD specification can be enhanced to achieve this.
  Protocol-ID and SPI fields can be made mandatory.
  Protocol-ID can be ESP/AH/IKE.
  SPI : In case of IKE, it could be cookies and in case of ESP/AH, it is SPI (inbound SA's SPI
       on the peer).
  If peer is not dead, but SAs were deleted either due to temporary failure OR due to
  restarting of some processes in the system can be detected with this mechanism.
  Does this makes sense? If so, I can contribute text to this effect.
Regards,
Ravi

--
signature

The views presented in this mail are completely mine. The company is not responsible for whatsoever.

Ravi Kumar CH
Rendezvous On Chip (i) Pvt Ltd
Hyderabad, India
Ph: