RE: Confirm decision on identity handling.

Hi Scott,

OK, I see your point.  However, the recipient policy
can still say "ignore ID payloads, get me an email addr
from the cert subjectAltName" and get the same
behaviour you'd like.   Choosing between two (or more)
recipient policies that expect different cert ID fields
will be interesting when a cert matches more than one.
An ID payload could differentiate in this case and
avoids the cert parsing when ID's don't match, but
you're right that the initiator needs to know which
ID to send.  I'd like to have that option in cases
where the ID payload type can be selected by the
sender.

Regards,

Jim