-00-TEMP.txt>;
as usual, that link will disappear when the draft is officially in
the Internet Drafts directory.

This document is meant to be a companion to the *next* draft of
IKEv2. In that draft, Charlie can cleanly excise from his section
3.3.2 the cryptographic tables labeled "For Transform Type 1", "For
Transform Type 2", "For Transform Type 3", and "For Transform Type
4", leaving Transform Type 5, which is not cryptographic. He can also
remove the MUST, SHOULD, and MAY statements in Appendix B.

The result will be a free-standing document that the IETF can update
when we want to change the cryptographic requirements for IKEv2. For
example, there was general agreement in San Francisco that we will
probably be requiring AES and longer Diffie-Hellman primes in the
not-distant future, and that fact is reflected in the Internet Draft.

Given that we are trying to finish up IKEv2 in the near future and
not reopening agreed-to issues, I'm definitely interested to hear if
anyone thinks that the document has things that the WG didn't agree
to.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium