RE: Requirements for IKEv2 implementations

...Interesting silence to this post...

MY WG and Security Area member perspective:
Certificates are good security and we should try as much as we can to help
implementations adopt them. Any worthwhile IKEv1 implementation today can
handle certs. IKEv2 should be no different.

My NetScreen employee perspective:
Our implementations do both today, so its no big deal if certs are required.

Market observer perspective:
PKI has been a royal pain for many interested in IPsec VPNs. Just ask the
PKI vendors. They have abandoned the application as a focus for their
development, marketing and sales. At an absolute minimum, PSS is a MUST.

Gregory.