Re: Requirements for IKEv2 implementations

At 10:17 PM -0400 4/29/03, Michael Richardson wrote:

>     Gregory> PKI vendors. They have abandoned the application as a
>focus for their
>     Gregory> development, marketing and sales. At an absolute minimum, PSS is
>     Gregory> a MUST.
>
>   Why can't we make self-signed PKIX certificates a MUST?

Because we are only supposed to be discussing things that have
already been agreed to in the WG. You have brought this up many times
and gotten virtually no support for it. Nothing in IKEv2 prohibits
it, but there was not enough support to make it even a SHOULD, much
less a MUST.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium