Re: Crypto algorithms for IKEv2

Greetings again. Based on the feedback from the WG, I have revised my
crypto algorithms for IKEv2 draft. The new version is available at
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ipsec-algorithms-01.txt>.

The changes are:

2.1: Removed ENCR_DES_IV32 and ENCR_RC4, which didn't have references,
and renumbered the ones below them. Also added draft names for AES
ciphers.

2.2: Added a reference for PRF_AES128_CBC, but am not sure this is
correct or sufficient.

2.3: Removed DES_MAC because there was no reference for it. Renumbered.
Added reference for AUTH_AES_XCBC_96.

3.1 and 3.2: Added requirements for perfect forward secrecy.

3.2: Updated the IDs because of the renumbering in sections 2.1 and 2.3.

Please review the document and post any comments to the WG mailing
list. It would be good to get this part of the IKEv2 work finished
soon.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium