Re: Editorial: Use of MAY in draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-algorithms

Yoav Nir wrote:
>So RC4, Blowfish and IDEA are "MAY", but DES is "SHOULD NOT"?  I think those
>should be at least as discouraged as DES.

That seems about right.  DES has a 56-bit key, and hence is a poor choice
for deployment in new systems.  Blowfish and IDEA are believed to be much
stronger.

RC4, on the hand, shouldn't be there.  Are you sure that RC4 is a "MAY"
in the IPSec RFCs?  If so, that should be fixed.