Re: SHOULD NOT DES (was RE: Editorial: Use of MAY...)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> > The FreeS/WAN project dropped single-DES support over four years ago, at
> > management insistence...
>
> It appears that the US government agrees with your management on this
> point...

In fact, at the time *I* disagreed with my then-management, and did my
best to talk them out of it -- I thought that dropping support was
premature and was going to cause us serious grief.  To my considerable
surprise, I was wrong.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net