Implementing an IPsec MIB? Advice/Opinions sought?

Hi,

I am fairly new to SNMP & MIBs.  I need to add a new read-only MIB object
that will inform whether IPsec is enabled or disabled...
I think the IPsec Monitoring MIB is too low-level for what I require.  So I
have looked at the IPsec Flow Monitoring MIB draft document.

Because I am new to this, I'm not sure exactly what I have to implement.  I
have been asked if it possible to just implement some sort of single MIB
object that will display whether IPsec is enabled or disabled? Is this
possible?  Do I have to implement various other MIBs in order to do this?

As a result, in terms of documentation, where are these MIB objects stored?
I was presuming they are placed under the IP Group of MIB objects, am I
wrong? If so, where should they be located?

I hope this is not to basic and I am not asking stupid questions.  As I say,
I am pretty much learning as I go along...

Regards
Stuart